My favorite client story this week: I was trying to be supermom this week and save a little time (not sure why I didn’t just make 2 trips!) I tried to carry all the grocery bags into the house all at once and by the time I made it in I was feeling tightness and pain in my hip and down my outer leg. I got my roller out and spent 5 minutes rolling everything out and could just feel my sore hip ease back into place…. It didn’t bother me at all after that!
THIS IS SELF CARE!!! And THIS is why I teach Pilates. Don’t get me wrong… I love to move, I love to take people through a work out and I love to help people learn how to do Pilates. But my passion for doing all of that is to help people on their journey of figuring out how to better take care of themselves. And self care sometimes means making yourself go to Pilates class, do a workout, go for a walk, etc…. but many times it’s as simple as listening to your body and getting out your foam roller when something is tight!!
Teaching Pilates is always more than just teaching Pilates! Here’s a quick list of some of the amazing things you can do as a pilates teacher:
- Help others create a positive self body image
- Teach people how to use movement as a self care practice
- Help people use movement to de stress and relieve anxiety
- Give people a sense of community and connection with others
- Give clients knowledge about how their body works and moves
- Inspire people to make other healthy changes in their life just from being you and being an example
Want to learn more about how you can help others grow in their self care journey and in their life journey through movement? Contact me today to set up a time to chat more about our Pilates teacher training programs and mentorship programs!!