Strength training is not just about lifting heavy weights. Strength training is important for everyone because it helps build endurance and flexibility, strengthens your bones and even helps with weight loss. When you think about endurance – we’re not talking about running a marathon or participating in elite sports. We’re talking about having the energy to do what you want to do without needing a nap!
Functional Exercise: Exercises that mimic or recreate common movements we do in life! These exercises are designed to help you move through life better! My favorite example: sitting in a chair and then standing up.
Here’s a quick quiz:
- Would you like to get out of a chair or off the sofa more easily?
- Do you wish you could get up and down from the floor more easily?
- Do you feel like the pandemic and winter left you out of shape?
- Does the thought of spring/summer projects around the house seem overwhelming?
- Do you want to build strength for another activity like jogging or cycling?
- Do you want to build bone density and lower your chances of a broken bone due to osteoporosis?
If you answered yes to any of these questions – our new 6 week virtual series – Functional Strength Training is for you!
This 6-week series with Pilates teacher and Physical Therapist Shelley Mockler will focus on building full body strength using exercises adapted to your starting strength level.
Each class is 30 minutes and you will have access to the live class and will receive a recording each week of the class. Class will be on Thursdays 6:30pm – 7pm starting April 15th.
This class is included in your membership or you can purchase the entire 6 week series individually for $49. If you have any questions about this series, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!