As a valued part of our RCP community I wanted to be sure to keep you in the loop so you know what to expect from us as a business. I have made lots of hard decisions over the years as a business owner, even some harder ones this year, but the decision to wait to open back up for movement services like Pilates and Yoga right now is not necessarily one of them.
Let me tell you why.
I created my business as a way to share my love of movement as a health tool in my life with others. I have been blessed a million times over with the opportunity to work with so many amazing people over the years and to be able to make a living from doing what I love. I have been blessed to find an amazing, talented crew of staff members who are also passionate about helping others use movement in their lives. When it comes to making a decision that directly effects my staff, our Rivercity Pilates community and our community at large I feel like my number one responsibility is to do the thing that keeps every one the safest.
Like most people I have studied the cases of COVID-19 in Iowa, I have read all the research and know how it spreads, the best way to not spread it, who it could be most detrimental for, and I know what the best practices are to keep everyone as safe as possible. I also know that this is not going away anytime soon.
I know that it’s probably not realistic for everyone to completely stay home and social distance until there are better ways to deal with the virus’ effects and until there is a vaccine. Yet I feel like if as a business we can continue to serve our clients in a way that encourages them to stay home a little more, our business will be contributing to something that could save some lives in the long run. And since the purpose of my business is to help people stay healthy, this decision aligns perfectly.
Our reopening plan is broken into 3 phases and we are hoping to start Phase 1 July 1st:
- Phase 1: Pilates privates and same household semi-privates will be offered in studio
- Phase 2: Pilates Equipment Classes (4 people maximum) will be offered in studio
- Phase 3 : Pilates Mat, Barre, Zumba, and Yoga Classes (4 people maximum) will be offered in studio
You can be assured that when we do open we will have procedures and protocols in place to keep you and our staff as safe as possible and also to create the best possible in studio movement experience. We’ll be sending out more details on our protocols for staff and clients when we get closer to our Phase 1 reopening.
Until then, we will be doing everything we can to help you incorporate movement into your life virtually!
- If you are looking for instruction and motivation to keep your body healthy and strong…we have you covered.
- Need a quick anytime workout? Check out our RCP Youtube Channel where we post absolutely free classes, mini classes and tutorials that you can take any time of day.
- Want to connect with real people and workout in the comfort of your home? Our virtual classes will keep you moving and pushing yourself to maintain your health!
Thank you for being part of our RIvercity Pilates Community and supporting us as a small business during this time! You are the reason we do what we do and we are grateful that you let us be part of your health and fitness journey!