As you are probably already aware, the COVID-19 Coronavirus strain is making its way around the world!
At Rivercity Pilates, we take your personal health and safety very seriously. So, we want to put your mind at ease with the steps we are taking in the studio to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. We know how beneficial mindful movement can be when life gets a little stressful and chaotic and it’s our goal to create a safe, healthy environment where you can get some much needed “you time”!
If you are immune compromised or feeling unsafe coming to public areas we also want to give you some options to get your movement time in without coming to the studio!
We have options for you to get your mindful movement time!
We know that everyone’s first impulse is just to stay home, but we don’t want you to skip your movement time. Here’s how you can attend a class without leaving your home.
- Request to attend any 1 credit class (Pilates Mat, Yoga and Barre classes are great at home options) via ZOOM. Send us an email if you are interested in this option and we’ll email you instructions! The picture to the right is one of our snow birds attending Shelley’s Every Body Pilates class — as you can see — you can attend anywhere any time!
- Use our Youtube channel to do some workouts at home! Let us know your favorite workout on social media — and we’ll put you in a drawing for a prize! Here are some of our favorites! :
Here’s what we are doing!
- Increasing how often the studio/restrooms/lobby are being cleaned. Including wiping down all surfaces, door handles, etc.
- Props and Pilates equipment are getting extra cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Providing you with complimentary hand-sanitizer.
- Movement teachers are minimizing hands on cueing and contact and will ask you before they give you a hands on cue or stretch
- Staff are diligently washing their hands between classes and clients as well as using hand sanitizer.
- Continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak keeping you informed at all times and following governmental advice.
Here’s what you can do:
- Wipe down your equipment before and after every class
- Hand-washing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. You should wash for 20 seconds. You can sing the Happy Birthday song in your head or out loud twice if you don’t have a timer 🙂
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If you are starting to feel ill please cancel your class or session early. Don’t wait until the last minute. If a member shows up with symptoms, the staff will politely ask them to leave. If you are interested in having your private pilates session at home please inquire about our virtual options.
- Help us by being vigilant. If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow guidance on the CDC website.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We are committed to making our studio a safe and enjoyable place for all. Thank you for being such a valued member of our Rivercity Pilates family.