- cause musculature pain problems in your back and neck,
- put unnecessary pressure on the discs in your spine,
- sitting can compress nerves and blood vessels and your body is often not getting the oxygen it needs to function at it’s full capacity
Long periods of sitting have also been linked to certain cancers, heart disease, and diabetes. Rivercity Pilates owner Carey Sadler was invited to KGAN Channel 2 and Fox 28 to talk about things each of you can do to prevent the chronic ailments that result from extended sitting. See those clips by clicking on the links below.
Below you will find, a video a day to help you incorporate the Pilates Principles into your office or work day. Sitting, standing, driving in the car, even riding on an airplane, we’ll cover them all! Share this page with all your friends who work in an office!
- Stretch Anywhere and fight the perils of too much sitting
- Adults need recess too!!
- Do your neck and shoulders hurt after a day at work?
- Take 2 Minute Exercise Breaks in your workday to improve your health!
- Does your neck get tired after a day of working at your computer?
- Do you work at a computer all day?
- Pilates Posture in the bathroom????
- Why you should learn Pilates so you never have to go to a studio!
- Office Pilates Day 20 : You can be healthier in 5 minute chunks!
- Office Pilates Day 19: Where are your Nipples?
- Office Pilates Day 18: Holiday Pilates
- Office Pilates Day 17: Great Posture with the Half Foam Roller
- Office Pilates Day 16: Desk Mermaid
- Office Pilates Day 15: Pilates Swan at your desk!
- Office Pilates Day 14: One Leg Balance
- Office Pilates Day 13: Use your desk time to stretch and strengthen your feet
- Office Pilates Day 12: Why you should stretch your calves at work…
- Office Pilates Day 11: Squats
- Office Pilates Day 10: Neck and Shoulders Tension Reliever
- Office Pilates Day 9: Tone your arms at work!!
- Office Pilates Day 8: Shoulder Opener at your desk!
- Office Pilates Day 7: Relief for your tight low back
- Office Pilates Day 6: Side Leg Kicks at your Desk
- Office Pilates Day 5: Find your Pilates shoulders throughout your day!
- Football Pilates: Go Hawks!
- Office Pilates Day 4: If you are sitting at work you need this stretch!!
- Office Pilates Day 3: Desk Push ups!!
- Office Pilates Day 2: A flexible spine is a happy spine!
- Office Pilates Day #1: Do you sit all day at work?
- Why sitting is bad and how Pilates can help!
One of our favorite things when it comes to sitting is the new Lumo Lift Sensor!! You slouch – it vibrates!!! Be sure to read Carey’s blogs about her experience with the Lumo Lift!!
Sitting is the New Smoking! Track Your Sitting Behavior, Posture, Steps, and More with the LUMO Lift Posture and Activity Coach!