“Where are your Nipples?” Yes, that’s what I said! Sometimes all it takes to find good posture and alignment is a simple little phrase or reminder like, ” Where are your nipples?”
Need a visual of what I’m talking about? You’ll have to use your imagination today – as much as I love sharing a video I didn’t think I could keep a straight face or avoid turning shades of red talking about nipples on camera!!
Imagine instead of nipples you had 2 headlights shining from your chest. If you are shining light down toward the floor, or your desk top then you are probably slouching through your low and upper back, your shoulders are probably hunched forward and your neck is probably strained. If you headlights are shining directly forward on your computer screen you’re probably sitting tall with your pelvis upright, your shoulders relaxed, and your back and neck lengthened.
Try it out and let me know if this reminder phrase was helpful for you! Do you have another reminder or cue that helps you find your sitting posture? I would love to hear it! Share in the comments below!
Need some ideas on how to find your sitting posture or maybe some props to help you find it? Check out some of the other blogs in our Office Pilates series:
- Stretch Anywhere and fight the perils of too much sitting
- Adults need recess too!!
- Do your neck and shoulders hurt after a day at work?
- Take 2 Minute Exercise Breaks in your workday to improve your health!
- Does your neck get tired after a day of working at your computer?
- Do you work at a computer all day?
- Pilates Posture in the bathroom????
- Why you should learn Pilates so you never have to go to a studio!
- Office Pilates Day 20 : You can be healthier in 5 minute chunks!
- Office Pilates Day 19: Where are your Nipples?
- Office Pilates Day 18: Holiday Pilates
- Office Pilates Day 17: Great Posture with the Half Foam Roller
- Office Pilates Day 16: Desk Mermaid
- Office Pilates Day 15: Pilates Swan at your desk!
- Office Pilates Day 14: One Leg Balance
- Office Pilates Day 13: Use your desk time to stretch and strengthen your feet
- Office Pilates Day 12: Why you should stretch your calves at work…
- Office Pilates Day 11: Squats
- Office Pilates Day 10: Neck and Shoulders Tension Reliever
- Office Pilates Day 9: Tone your arms at work!!
- Office Pilates Day 8: Shoulder Opener at your desk!
- Office Pilates Day 7: Relief for your tight low back
- Office Pilates Day 6: Side Leg Kicks at your Desk
- Office Pilates Day 5: Find your Pilates shoulders throughout your day!
- Football Pilates: Go Hawks!
- Office Pilates Day 4: If you are sitting at work you need this stretch!!
- Office Pilates Day 3: Desk Push ups!!
- Office Pilates Day 2: A flexible spine is a happy spine!
- Office Pilates Day #1: Do you sit all day at work?
- Why sitting is bad and how Pilates can help!