Rivercity Pilates is excited to be able to offer our clients massage therapy in our beautiful on site massage room! Clients can use our online scheduling system or call the studio to request a time that fits their schedule.
Sara has a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology and is licensed massage therapist. She spent 18 years working in biomedical research at the University of Iowa. During that time, she developed an interest in muscular pain and enrolled in East-West School of Integrated Healing Arts. After graduation from East-West’s 1000 hour massage therapy program, Sara went on to be trained and certified in both Neural Reset Therapy® and Manual Lymphatic Drainage.
Sara specializes in using massage for pain reduction and elimination, and for decrease in edema. Whether you have acute or chronic pain, Sara uses different tools and techniques to get to the root of the problem. Sara offers: Neural Reset Therapy®, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Relaxation Massage, Sports Massage, Hot Stone, and Prenatal Massage. Sara focuses on what you have going on. She can help with a recent or old injury, increasing range of motion, wound healing, swelling, a joint replacement, fixing your back after throwing it out, migraines, tennis or golfers elbow, chronic neck or back pain, poor posture, small aches and pains, plantar fasciitis, or even just sleeping on your neck wrong. Sara works with healthcare providers to offer a great compliment to Western medicine.
If you are a new client, Sara highly recommends scheduling a 90 minute session your first time. This will allow Sara plenty of time to get to know you and your body.
- 60 minutes $75
- 90 minutes $110
Massage Therapy Packages are more cost effective when purchasing Massage or Neural Reset Therapy for some conditions or rehabilitation.
Neural Reset Therapy®
Is something hurting in your body? Massage Therapist Sara Sea has been seeing miraculous results in helping people get out of pain using Neural Reset Therapy®! NRT is cutting edge therapy that uses your nervous system to relax your muscles back to their optimum tone. Most of this work is done with gentle, active, pain-free motion by the client while Sara applies stimulus to different muscles or muscle groups. NRT compliments western medicine and chiropractic care.
Neural Reset Therapy® can be great for:
- Neck, shoulder, and lower back pain
- Muscle spasms
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- TMJ Syndrome
- Tennis & Golf Elbow
- Sciatic Pain
- Trigger point pain …..And more!!
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
Sara is certified in Manual Lymphatic Drainage from 1 of only 6 programs recognized by the National Lymphedema Network. This certification requires continuing education in lymphatics every 2 years, keeping members up to date with the current standards of care.
MLD works for all sorts of swelling issues. Here are just a few-
- Lymphedema* (primary or secondary): reduce swelling in limbs that had the lymphatic system compromised by lymph node removal or simply by your genetic disposition.
- Venuos Insufficiency*: helps reduce swelling and decrease the interstitial protein load that causes it.
- Wound Healing: reducing swelling around a pesky wound that just won’t heal can be that turning point to recovery.
- Post-Surgical or Injury Swelling*: reduction of swelling around incision sight and helps to quickly reduce bruising.
- Post-Joint Replacement Swelling: helps swelling to decrease sooner so you can immediately make better use of your physical therapy, getting range of motion back sooner.
- Arthritis: reduces swelling in the area and helps to remove toxins (a build-up of extracellular, metabolic waste) in the affected joint.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia: The detoxifying properties of this kind of therapy can off pain relief to even some of the more tender muscles and joints.
- Holistic Health: Some people call this a detox massage. MLD helps your body to move fluid, excess interstitial protein, extracellular waste; flushing out the garbage and keeping your body running at its best.
*Standard procedure for swollen limbs is to measure limb volume before and after treatment. This data can be available to your healthcare team.
“The results were, truthfully, Amazing! At the end of the session, I honestly could not feel the injury at all. My range of motion was normal and painless. It was, frankly, freaky… but great!” ~Kimberly