Getting started is always the hardest part of starting anything new! Life is busy and it’s a pain to have to set up an appointment, put stuff into your already packed schedule and have to walk into a new place where you don’t know anyone. We understand and we are always trying to do our best to make getting started at Rivercity Pilates as easy as possible because we know the benefits you are going to experience in your body and life are going to be amazing!
- Schedule a complimentary private Pilates session. You can use our online appointment finder on our Getting Started page or simply call or us or email us and we can help you schedule this session. This first session is designed to introduce you to the studio and give you a chance to experience Pilates in your body. Our trained instructors will go through every thing you need to know as you get started at Rivercity Pilates and you’ll walk away from this session with a customized plan of what sessions and classes might be the best fit for you, your body and your life.
- Try the Pilates equipment (it might just become your new best friend!). Joseph Pilates created the equipment as a tool to help people figure out the method he was teaching most efficiently( ie get results safer and quicker!). He designed the equipment so that people could start anywhere in their body and progressively build their strength and mobility and feel successful at every step along the way. We suggest starting off with an Introduction to Pilates Equipment Class or Pilates Equipment for Back Health Class. These small beginner friendly classes (5 people max) are geared toward beginner students so you know that you won’t be the only “beginner” in class!
- Start trying out our Beginner Friendly Pilates Mat Classes to find out which classes you enjoy the most. Our beginner Pilates Mat classes will have a slow deliberate pace and you’ll use props like balls and bands that help you safely learn each exercise. You’ll learn the beginner version of each exercise as well as how you can progress the exercise to challenge yourself as you get stronger. Some of our favorites for true beginners are Beginner Pilates Mat, Pilates Mat Basics, Beginner Friendly Foam Roller, and Mindful Mat Pilates.
- Try our Beginner Yoga Class. This class can be taken as a 4 week series or you can drop into the classes that work for your schedule. Even though Pilates and Yoga have some similarities, Yoga is a completely different method of exercise than Pilates and is just as fabulous! If you are brand new to Yoga or just coming back to your practice our Beginner Yoga Class will get be a perfect way for you to learn Yoga in your body.
- Try our Roll, Release, and Relax class. Do you sit a lot at work? Do you hold tension in your neck and shoulders? Do you feel stiff and achy in the mornings? Do you have pain or tightness anywhere in your body? If you answered yes to any of these you need to try this class. You’ll spend an entire class using specially designed therapy balls to release and relax tight muscles and fascia throughout your body. You’ll leave feeling amazing and you’ll have a whole new set of tools in your life that you can use at home to feel better in your body.
Have questions about a particular class on the schedule and if it might be good for you? Just ask your instructor, call us or send us an email and we would love to guide you!