I wrote this letter originally 6 years ago. Every year I say to myself I should rewrite my love letter to my clients. Then I read it and think, I don’t think I need to rewrite it. The words I originally wrote still portray how I feel really well! So here it is! Sending lots of love to all of my amazing, wonderful clients over the years who have let me be part of their movement practice, part of their life!
Dear Devoted Pilates Client,
1. You are amazing! I am amazed and inspired daily by your devotion to your Pilates practice! I know, as much as you love your Pilates sessions, that it is not always easy to get to the studio. Life happens and there are a million excuses you could use to not come in- but you do. Your devotion inspires me in my daily life. Thank You!
2. You are making amazing progress in your Pilates practice and in your life every time you practice. As instructors we are often giving you feedback on how to improve your practice because that’s part of our job. I probably don’t spend enough time telling you how far you’ve come and how great you’re doing. One of the wonderful parts of my job is that I get to see people create positive changes in their bodies on a daily basis. Keep it up!
3. I love to celebrate the little milestones with you! Can you pick something off the floor without your back hurting? Can you sit comfortably on the floor with your kids or grandchildren? Are you sitting taller at your desk or has your posture improved? I love to hear about and celebrate these moments with you. I practice and teach Pilates so that I can help others live life to the fullest and it makes me happy when I hear your success stories!
4. Please don’t feel bad about speaking up and telling me something doesn’t feel good in your body. I know that not every exercise or movement is right for every body and it does not bother me at all if you tell me that something hurts or doesn’t feel right. In fact- I LOVE the opportunity to find something that does work for you. Changing, modifying and creating exercises designed specifically for your body is what I am trained to do and I LOVE to do it! It makes me cringe to have a client work through the pain. I believe and know that exercise does not have to hurt to be super effective. If you are in pain, then you are not getting the benefits of the exercise and you might be doing more harm than good to your body.
5. Thank you for choosing me to share your Pilates journey with you! Working with amazing, nice, thoughtful clients makes me happy! I know there are lots of choices when it comes to teachers and I truly value you as a dedicated client.
Your Pilates Teacher